May 21, 2009

It's always after a trip that I realize I definitely didn't take enough pictures.

My mom was only here for 12 days but it feels like we did a LOT! Through the week I had to work my regular schedule which meant my mom and I stayed around Rotterdam but on the weekends we did some awesome exploring. The first weekend we drove our cute little Fiat Panda into Belgium with the only requirement (by me) being that we stayed in the French part. I chose Saint Hubert which we later learned is the hunting capital of Europe. It was a super tiny town but really beautiful and had a cute burger place (with great veggie burgers) called Ketch-up. The next morning, right after I practiced driving our cute little Panda (stick shift) we drove into Luxembourg with the intentions of stopping to sightsee but ended up just driving through to get to our destination, the Tera Ventura Resort and Spa (pool with water slide, disco, bowling alley) in lovely Gondorf Germany. Gondorf is a little TINY town close to the even tinier town of Spangdalem where my mom lived once upon a time. Spangdalem is actually pretty rad, it felt like a little American colony randomly placed in Germany. It was really nice to be able to see where my mom used to live and the places she used to hang out...we didn't ever actually make it on the military base though.



Some crazy Lourdes shrine in Poix Saint Hubert...



The next Saturday we left early for Groningen. Nice city with a nice "feel" but what I liked even more were the small towns we drove through on Sunday during my quest for Pannenkoeken. Lovely Pieterburen stole my little heart! :) How could it not, I mean with a "biological pannenkoeken resaurantschip"...restaurant housed in a boat that severs awesome organic pancakes! Leeeeekkkkkkkkkkeeeerrr!!!







This is one of our stops on our quest for pannenkoeken. Pretty museum...



And back in Rotterdam on the harbor for "drinks"...


My new favorite restaurant in Rotterdam, Bazar!



I love Germany! ok bye :)

No comments: