February 01, 2009

Sign Language...

So Friday evening, while I was around the corner at one of the many Turkish markets in our neighborhood trying to find a cucumber (which apparently they don't have) Robbert called and told Caroline *something*. "But what did he say, which restaurant are we going to, when?" Caroline LOVES going out for drinks or dinner or anything really so she was REALLY excited telling me "tonight tonight we dinner out at restaurant tonight now" Keep in mind, she knows SOME English words but uses sign language too...

What kind of restaurant??

...we ended up going to some fancy French/Italian place.

Tonight Ineke and I saw two films at the International Film Festival Rotterdam. The first was a French film called Maman est chez le Coiffeur. If you know me, you know that I don't do well with movies. I usually either fall asleep or get up 2 or 3 times to go to the bathroom and fidget the whole time, but this movie kept me pretty interested with no need for sleep or anything else. It was a pretty slow story about a French Canadian family in the 60's going through some tough family crap. The second film was Slumdog Millionaire. I LOVED it...not only was the story good but it showed some really awesome (but at times sad) scenes of India. I want to read the book now. hmmm I wonder if Selexyz Donner (6 floor huge bookstore) has it in English...I'll check tomorrow. Everyone should go see it...now! Two more things- we got Surinamese (my first time) food between the movies...yummy! and Ineke bought me an official festival dress...I'll try to take picture of it tomorrow.

Friday night I went to Den Haag again with Lauren and all her cool super nice friends.

Looks like someone stole my camera...


Today I stared my "diet". With the only rule being, don't eat a whole bunch of crap. I was eating nutella with bread for breakfast, nutella through out the day, and then usually again on some kind of fruit at night. I CAN'T DO THAT ANYMORE. I was good most of today, healthy cereal and yogurt for breakfast, sorta healthy sandwich for lunch, banana, and then dinner, oh yeah...and then an ice cream and like 40 m&ms!! Tomorrow will be better!

Happy Birthday Juan!

No comments: