February 03, 2009

damn fuckin' tasty!

I've been seeing this commercial a lot lately...

There's one not far from my house...maybe I should check it out?

So I went to Delft twice this weekend. Once at night and once during the day, two totally different scenes but both pretty siq (siq = sick = cool). It's a "cute" town and definitely one of the many places I would like to take my mom when she comes. Delft is home to the original Delft blue pottery (Delftware) as well as the birth place of Johannes Vermeer who painted the Girl With the Pearl Earring (currently at the Mauritshuis in Den Haag)...just a little history lesson for ya!



I stayed in Den Haag Friday night at Lauren's NICE house (!!) so that we could get an early start on the MC Escher museum as well as lots of shopping...I bought a dress :) The museum was amazing. It's not normal for me to really enjoy a museum. I mean, I like going, looking at everything and then leaving. But this time was different. His art is soooo interesting, I just wanted to stand there and inspect (I can't think of a better word) each piece.


H&M's going crazy I tell you, CRAZY!


That last picture leads me to the topic of shopping. Last week I set out on a small quest for a few items I needed. Let's see...nutritional yeast, vital wheat gluten, garbanzo beans, pure vanilla extract, baking soda, sour dough starter. Well, it didn't go too well. I went down to my favorite store, Gimsel (closest thing to Whole Foods I'm gonna get). The dude tried to help me find the wheat gluten and then just told me I should use wheat flower...not gonna work for seitan buddy. I couldn't even bring myself to ask him about nutritional yeast, I'm sure he would have thought I was a lunatic. The only thing I ended up finding were the garbanzo beans :(

On a more positive and hopefully more interesting note, I went to see Tower of Power with Ineke on Thursday. She had warned me that it was gonna be a mostly older crowed but I actually really enjoyed myself. These guys know how to keep you interested (like Escher) instead of totally bored.



And then there's this...

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Yes! I totally posted that commercial in my journal, too. Can you believe they play that on daytime TV?

Anyway, you must show me the other photos from H&M!