April 18, 2009

Pasen

School holidays mean LOTS of eating! hahaha. :) :)

EGGS!
PANCAKES!
BISCUIT BUNNIES!

Caroline setting up our supplies-

Painting-

I really love Albert Heijn's baking kits. Just add water! It came with everything, even the cookie cutter!


I haven't really mastered the whole pannekoeken thing yet. Timo politely told me that they were to thick (yes, I am American)-


The Dutch word for Easter is Pasen. Every time I think or say it I just automatically think of Passover but I really don't know (because I don't know enough about christianity or Juidaism...I'm sure my dad will have something to say about this!) if the word "Pasen" has anything to do with Passover what so ever. But anyway, from what I saw, Easter here isn't all that different from in the states. They do have this yummy bread here called Paasbrood. It's hard to explain but it's sweet with raisins and this really good sugary almond paste stuff in the middle. Just really good stuff! I'm adding this to the growing list (hagelslag, speculoos, stroopwafles) of foods I'll be bringing back with me.

Friday night I took the train to Utrecht (about 40 minutes by train) to see friends from San Francisco, Drowning With Our Anchors. So nice to see familiar faces. Plus, Utrecht is nice! Gotta go back there soon.

No comments: